The Two Weeks Report III

Friday, March 26, 2010 12:35 PM By Raifana Shamsuddin , In

The second week of the BeST Program we already started the communication class.


8th March 2010

Effective Meeting by Madam Suzelina and Madam Iris

During the class we have learnt how to do meeting and what are required in a good meeting. The trainers also make us to do a mock meeting within our own group where we were then are required to list the matters that we have discussed on a "Mahjong" paper. From the class, what I have got from it is a good meeting will achieved the objectives and the meeting member's will leave the meeting with a clear head while a bad meeting will take longer time to finish and some of the meeting member's may leave with a wondering thoughts of what they doing in the room just now. As a result it is important for an employee to know what is needed to be done before and during the meeting.

9th March 2010

Effective resume and cover letter

Today we have learn the format of a good resume and a good cover letter. A good and neatly done resume will won the 45 seconds of employer attention and the chances to be call for interview will be higher. This class help me a lot in doing my resume and cover letter to catch the employer attention toward my job application. I will certainly apply on what I have learnt on this class towards my job application. It also help me in improving my resume and cover letter writing as we being given many example of good resume and cover letter. We also being told that the choosing of the words that being used in the resume and cover letter have to be appropriate so it will sound more professional.

10th March 2010

Business writing - Miss Tara and Miss Sofea

In the class we have learn how to write enquiry letter and the format of it. The class is useful and can be apply in my future work as in the future I will definitely do this kind of letter a lot.


11th March 2010

Public Speaking Techniques by Mr Farizal

Today, some of the trainees are required to involve in public speaking such as debate, conference and media press conference. Luckily I am not chosen to be taking part as the presenter so I just being the audience. From what I saw and learn that day, as a public speaker we need to be confident in front of the crowd and send the message clearly. Still I myself is not confident enough to be in front of the crowd but I will build in my confidence level from now and then.


12th March 2010

Entrepreneurship talk from Patricia Greene

As for the morning session we were given a talk from a foreign professor from USA. It was kind of sleepy a bit however there are many inputs that I got from the talk of what the characteristics of an entrepreneur.

Advanced Report Writing Madam Liza and Madam Farah

On the evening session we do some exercise of grammatical error and how to do a reporting sentences.



14th March 2010


Blog Class - Dr Khairudin

0 comments: